Thursday, June 6, 2013

Why is there so much hate in this world?

Why is there so much hate in this world? Why can’t we all just get along?



People from both sides see what they want to see and, like trained attack dogs, go in for the kill with little consideration; no mercy, no nuance, no shades of grey. They are so blinded by their self-righteousness that they are perfectly OK with perpetrating more metaphorical violence in the service of their almighty (god-blessed?) cause.

Where’s the forgiveness? Where’s the acceptance? Where’s the ability to not fly off the handle when we see something we don’t like or we have a problem? Why do we feel we can call people whores, or idiots, or scumbags, or worse?

Do we now live in a culture where there are no second chances, where there’s no ability to call a Mulligan [A mulligan, in a game, happens when a player gets a second chance to perform a certain move or action. The practice is also sometimes referred to as a "do-over."], or just have a bad day?

Who can live that like? Who’s the perfect one among us who doesn’t screw up?


I have been slandered by both sides for my perceived bias on occasion, and I agree that no person is completely unbiased. I try to draw a balanced line whenever and wherever I could, but I figure that if I am going to be damned, I might as well be damned for what I actually believe.

But everyone over-reacts.

Everyone escalates, instead of taking a half a moment to think, relax, chill, give the benefit of the doubt, be a little easy-going, and realize that everyone is bloody well human and we all make mistakes.

And we are all poorer as a result.



No comments:

Post a Comment