Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Our Inner Dialogue Determines Our Outer Reality


I recently got a dose of reality after realizing something I was working on was not working out as well as I wanted it to. There was a miscalculation on my part and I felt the energy being drained out of me. I thought I had everything under control. How could this happen? I am sure anyone who reads this have felt like that at some point in their life. Something happened that you were not prepared for and that you were not expecting. It left you feeling vulnerable and exposed.

For a while I felt drained and I was dwelling in negativity. At first I thought this is really bad and I was wondering how I would turn it around again. But then something unexpected happened. As the emotional charge around the event subsided something really good came out of it. I made a breakthrough on a spiritual level.

I knew my thoughts were important and that my inner reality determines my outer reality, but I could never quite manage to make it work for me. There was always something negative that came into my mind after a while, I just could not keep my inner dialogue positive. And for that reason my outer reality still was not changing the way I wanted it to.

It was only through this apparent ‘crises’ that I went through that I could make the shift in my inner reality. Reading people’s comments to my radio show presentation on the Power of Intention and the related articles posted on Facebook, it became clear to me what was going on and what I needed to do. I now know my outer reality is a reflection of my inner reality and that my inner reality is completely under my control. There is no more looking for excuses and being uncertain of what I want. I was still held back by things in my past and it was that way by choice.

What I realized now is that I can’t change my outer reality before I take full responsibility for my inner world. I would always try to be positive but after a while a small doubt would enter my mind and eventually I would become negative again. But now I have made a clear decision to take responsibility for my inner world and every time I recognize a negative thought creeping up on me I change it to something positive. The confusion which occurred in my outer world was just a reflection of the disorder inside.

When things were not going as I planned I thought it was random and that I was a victim. But I now know that I created it. Because my inner world was random and disorderly the same thing happened on the outside. I finally got it! We tend to think failure is a bad thing but it always comes to teach us something when we are open for it. Failure is nothing but success in disguise. In truth, failure does not exist; failure is when you fail to recognize the lesson that failure came to teach you.

No comments:

Post a Comment