Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Falling Out Of Love With My Drama – Part II


If you missed the Part I of this mini-series of articles, you can click here and catch up.

Continuing on to the second step in the process of avoiding the drama in my life.

Step 2 – My History

How many of us are ‘married’ to our stories. It is easy to believe that if you give up your ‘story’ you will no longer be yourself and you will never be able to rectify what has happened and create something new. The truth is, it is your stories that keep you stuck and interfere with your capacity to create the new life you want. Once you choose to create what you want instead of what you have, you have no need for what was.

When we look at our biology and our brain works from a Quantum Physics point of view, we are primarily energy that is affected, changed, modified and created by our thoughts, our environment, and the entire energy field.

Our history is essentially frozen memories that may or may not even occurred.  

“I have suffered a great many catastrophes in my life. Most of which never happened.” ~ Mark Twain

The truth is that the past is truly irrelevant – think about how often remembering past events has made you feel better, or helped you avoid the same mistake again, or improved your relationships – as a coach I can tell you I haven’t seen that in others and certainly not in myself.

Your history is over – LET IT GO!!!

Stay tuned for Step #3 next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment